Connect with us

Delhi

Telegram to block terror channels after Indonesian ban

Telegram to block terror channels after Indonesian ban

  • 17 July 2017
  • From the section Business

Telegram app on a mobile phoneImage copyright
Getty Images

Messaging service Telegram has promised to shut down terrorist-related channels after Indonesia’s government partially blocked access to its platform.

The Ministry of Communication and IT blocked Telegram’s web version on Friday and threatened to stop access to its app as well.

Jakarta claimed Telegram had been used to promote radicalism and to give instructions for carrying out attacks.

The firm’s founder said he was “upset” by the move.

In a note posted to his Telegram followers, Pavel Durov said his firm had now removed all terrorist-related public channels reported by the government.

It is now forming a team of moderators with knowledge of Indonesian language and culture to remove terrorist-related channels more quickly, he said.

“Telegram is heavily encrypted and privacy-oriented, but we’re no friends of terrorists – in fact, every month we block thousands of ISIS-related public channels,” Mr Duroy added.

Mirror content

The government’s move comes amid increasing concern over the Islamic State’s rise in Southeast Asia.

The group has claimed involvement in a string of attacks in Indonesia this year, and has fought running battles against the army at Marawi, on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines.

Globally, Telegram has played a central role in Islamic State’s communication strategy, in part because of a channel feature that lets users broadcast to an unlimited number of other users.

Although channels are routinely shut down, IS operatives set up lots of replica channels, which repeat or mirror the same content.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Delhi

Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal calls off nine-day L-G office sit-in, IAS officers attend meetings

Arvind Kejriwal’s decision to call off the protest comes after Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal asked him to go to the secretariat and meet  IAS officers to resolve their differences.

Continue Reading

Adobe

Adobe debuts Project Rush, its new all-in-one video editor

Adobe today announced the launch of Project Rush, a new video editor that takes the core features of its pro tools like Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition and combines them into a single, more accessible tool. Don’t get too excited yet, though, the new tool will only be available later this year (and my guess would be a launch at the company’s Max conference in October).

The target audience for Rush is the average YouTube creator who is looking to get professional-looking results — and do so fast because the expectation on the platform is for regularly pushing out new content. Rush wants to become the all-in-one video editing app for creating and sharing online content and to do so, the team decided that it had to ensure that Rush was available on any device, no matter whether it’s a high-powered desktop or an iPhone. All projects are automatically synced to the cloud, so you can work from anywhere.

In building Rush, Adobe decided to leverage the technology it had already developed for its professional tools. That means when you tweak a video clip’s color, for example, you are using the same underlying algorithms as a video editor who works in Premiere, for example. Rush will also support Motion Graphics templates for building title sequences and graphs in videos and it’ll use the company’s AI tools for improving the audio of video clips. There is also an integration with Adobe Stock, in case you need a bit of stock footage to spice up your video.

Based on the demo I saw, this all looks pretty intuitive and quite a bit more like iMovie than Premiere.

Once you’ve created your video, the next step is obviously publishing it and in the spirit of helping creatives work faster, Rush features built-in publishing support for all fo the major sharing platform, be that YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.

News Source = techcrunch.com

Continue Reading

Delhi

AAP MLAs seeking appointment with LG 'ousted' by police: Somnath Bharti

AAP MLAs Somnath Bharti, S K Bagga were forced out of Anil Baijal’s house after they refused to leave following a meeting.

Continue Reading

Most Shared Posts

Follow on Twitter

Trending