When the first cases of Covid-19 emerged in India in February, among the patients were medical students from the southern state of Kerala who had returned from universities in China.
With the disease spreading to more regions, state governments are closing down educational institutions as a precautionary measure, resulting in the disruption of studies. Mass shutdown of schools and colleges is also on the cards in countries like Australia. In the US, Harvard and the University of Washington have already taken that path.
In the wake of this emergency, educational institutions around the world are shifting to online learning.
This disruption is one that Ed-Tech platforms like DIYguru, a Delhi based maker’s learning platform which provide courses in Industry 4.0 to major Automotive and Electric Vehicle Companies like Hyundai & Bosch have cut down it’s online course pricing to 70-80%. The price of it’s Electric Vehicle Course which was previously at 50,000 is now just 3,999 Rs. This announcement came after many organisations globally have advised their employees to work from home to reduce the risk of coronavirus infections.
1. Electric Vehicle – https://www.diyguru.org/course/electric-vehicle/
2. Motorcycle Engineering – https://www.diyguru.org/course/motorcycle-engineering-fundamental-course/
3. Vehicle Dynamics – https://www.diyguru.org/course/vehicle-dynamics/
4. BS 6 Emission Technology – https://www.diyguru.org/course/bs-6-emission-norms-and-control-strategies-certification-course/
5. AUTOMOTIVE SKETCHING – https://www.diyguru.org/course/automotive-sketching-drawing/
6. ANSYS – FEA / FEM – https://www.diyguru.org/course/ansys-fea-fem-online-certification-course/
7. CATIA – CAD – https://www.diyguru.org/course/catia/
8. MULTI BODY DYNAMICS – https://www.diyguru.org/course/msc-adams-car/
9. BAJA VIRTUALS –https://www.diyguru.org/course/sae-baja-virtuals/
10. SOLIDWORKS – https://www.diyguru.org/course/solidworks/
11. LABVIEW – https://www.diyguru.org/course/labview/
12. MATLAB – https://www.diyguru.org/course/matlab-fundamentals/
13. Fundamentals of Automobile Engineering – https://www.diyguru.org/course/fundamentals-automotive-engineering/
14. Additive Manufacturing Course – https://www.diyguru.org/course/rapid-prototyping-3d-printing/
15. Car Repair & Maintenance Course – https://www.diyguru.org/course/car-repair-maintenance-course/
16. Advance Electric Vehicle (Powertrain Design) Course –https://www.diyguru.org/course/advanced-electric-vehicle-design-engineering-certification-course/
17.Suspension Analysis Course – https://www.diyguru.org/course/lotus-suspension-analysis/
18. Electrical Machines Training Course – https://www.diyguru.org/course/diy-electrical-machines-training/
Complete Industry 4.0 Package at 20,000 INR + GSTFurther details – https://www.diyguru.org/coronavirus
An extended period of stay-at-home work translates to significant savings in commuting time and expense. This could also result in better well-being.
It has been found that longer commute times are associated with lower job and leisure time satisfaction, increased strain and poorer mental health, according to a study on How commuting affects subjective wellbeing published in the journal Transportation.
Employees learning new skills or upgrading themselves will also help organisations in the long-run. Some of the online platforms are tying up with companies to develop their employees to build new capabilities for the future.
A growing number of online learning platforms are making this task easy for motivated professionals. Some of them are listed here:
edX is a massive open online course (MOOC) platform built by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University. It offers university-level courses, and has tied up with over hundred institutional partners globally.
The platform offers some of its courses free, and the rest are charged. Some of its programmes allows certified students to use their successful completion records to enter full-fledged Masters programme at edX’s affiliate universities.
edX hosts courses across a range of disciplines and subjects.
Similar to edX, Coursera offers a range of courses that can pursued online. Most courses are 4-6 weeks long and end with a capstone project. The platform also offers hundreds of free courses through which professionals can access video lectures and join virtual community discussions. To earn a certification, one has to pay the full course fee.
Coursera has also partnered with corporations like Google and IBM to offer professional certificates to prop up job-ready learners.
Udemy functions as a marketplace for learning and teaching. It connects instructors and teachers with students around the world. It also offers curated collection of business and technical courses to companies to help their employees learn new skills.
The platform connects over fifty-seven thousand instructors with over five thousand businesses to upskill their employees.
Tailored for students preparing for civil services, bank jobs and other competitive exams in India, Unacademy acts as virtual coaching centre. It offers over 2,400 lessons and specialised courses to over three lakh students.
Its online platform helps India’s government job aspirants to chart a learning journey to ace the competitive exams.
As the name suggests, the platform is built for individuals interested in learning to code. The online site offers a range of programming courses. Its basic version gives 180 hours of free lectures. And the paid version charges about $15/month with up to 1800 hours of lectures.
This is an online learning community focused on creative classes tailored for individuals with interest in design, photography and video-making. Skillshare functions as a marketplace which allows teachers to load content on their platform. A user can choose Skillshare’s free or paid option to learn a skill in their area of interest.