Coronavirus latest updates: Worldwide, the number of cases has crossed 785,686, over 37,811 have died. Stay tuned to Times Delhi for Covid-19 LIVE updates
- 07:47 AMUS coronavirus death toll rises past 3,000 on deadliest day
- 07:46 AMCoronavirus cases in Delhi mount to 97
- 07:39 AMNetanyahu tests negative for COVID-19 after his aide’s infection
- 07:34 AMCoronavirus update: From Oyo to Apollo Hospitals, firms come together to fight the pandemic
- 07:24 AM6 people from Telangana who attended congregation in Delhi’s Nizamuddin die due to coronavirus: Telangana govt
Coronavirus LIVE update: Despite the 21-day lockdown, the number of Covid-19 cases in India has seen a steady rise. On Monday, India’s cumulative coronavirus infections reached 1,251, registering the highest single-day increase of 227 cases; the death toll rose to 32. The government needed to take “extraordinary” and “unprecedented” measures like a nationwide lockdown for three weeks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday as his government denied a community outbreak of the disease.
Worldwide, the number of coronavirus cases has reached more than 784,000, while nearly 38,000 have died so far.
Coronavirus world update: Italy has so far had 11,591 fatalities, with 101,739 cases. Spain has recorded 7,716 fatalities and 87,956 infections. China has declared 3,304 deaths and 81,470 cases so far. The United States, with 163,490 diagnosed cases and 2,148 deaths, has the highest number of infected people. Germany has so far had 66,885 cases and 645 deaths.