India reported a document surge in coronavirus cases on August 1 with 57,118 unique infections within the closing 24 hours, taking the tally to 16,95,988. The nation additionally recorded 764 COVID-19 connected deaths within the closing 24 hours, pushing the overall fatalities resulting from the virus to 36,511.
- The nation’s COVID tally had surpassed the 16 lakh-designate on Friday, three days after crossing the 15 lakh infections.
- Bigger than 10.94 lakh sufferers accumulate recovered, pushing the recovery rate to 64.52 per cent this morning.
- India has examined a total of 1,93,58,659 samples thus far.
- The positivity rate, share of sufferers who accumulate examined definite for coronavirus, stood at 8.57 per cent.
- Bigger than 60 per cent of total cases in India and over 50 per cent of total fatalities were recorded in July.
- At 3.6 per cent, India’s rate of extend in cases is more than double than the 1.6 per cent in US and vastly better than Brazil’s 2.3 per cent
- Maharashtra, the nation’s worst-affected drawl, logged a total of 10,320 fresh cases and 265 deaths on Friday, taking the overall cases to 4,22,118 cases. The drawl has recorded the preferrred preference of cases followed by Tamil Nadu with 2,45,859 cases.
- Andhra Pradesh has surpassed Delhi to change into the third worst coronavirus-hit drawl within the nation.
- With a document single-day spike of two,496 cases, the overall preference of COVID-19 cases in West Bengal crossed the 70,000-designate on Friday.
- India can’t draw herd immunity to stop the coronavirus pandemic resulting from its demography and scale, the Health Ministry said on Thursday, adding that the nation will must depend upon a vaccine to combat COVID-19.
The deadly pandemic coronavirus has claimed nearly 675,000 lives and contaminated at least 17.3 million other folks because it emerged in China closing December. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said that coronavirus pandemic outcomes will possible be felt for a long time.